As you know, one of the best ways to get the necessary nutrients your body needs while you’re traveling is to cook your own meals. Fortunately, there are a ton of fruits and veggies that are available during the springtime no matter where you are traveling to. The best part is that you can find numerous easy recipes that you can make while on the road. To give you a better view, here are some delicious and healthy spring recipes you can make from anywhere.
Pesto Pasta with Asparagus
Pesto pasta and asparagus! My two favorite things! This pesto pasta with asparagus has a distinct flavor that you will surely like due to the combination of lemon juice, asparagus, and basil leaves. Plus, its flavor will improve overnight once the sauce has some time to develop.
To make this delicious and healthy spring recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
2 pounds asparagus
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 cup basil leaves (fresh)
1 pound spiral pasta (whole wheat) (or any desired pasta of choice)
2 cloves garlic
2 ripe tomatoes (medium size)
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 table spoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. The first step in making this delicious dish is to snap the tough part of the asparagus. Afterward, you need to boil a pot of water. Once the water starts to boil, you can add the asparagus and cook until they’re tender. Then, you remove the asparagus from the pot using a colander and rinse them with cold water.
2. The next step is to boil the water again so that you can cook the desired pasta of your choice. You can add salt if necessary. Once the pasta is cooked, the next step is to set aside about 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Then, you can drain the water in the pot. You have to make sure to rinse the pasta with cold water before placing it in a serving bowl.
3. After cooking the spiral pasta, the next step is to prepare the pesto sauce. Before preparing the sauce, you have to cut the top of the asparagus and put them in the serving bowl. From there, you can cut the bottom part of the asparagus into tiny pieces.
4. To make the pesto sauce, you’ll need a blender or food processor. First, you can put the garlic into the processor or blender. Afterward, add about two tablespoons of pine nuts and blend. Then, the next step is to add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, basil leaves, tiny pieces of asparagus, and salt. Aside from that, you also have to put about three to five tablespoons of pasta cooking water. Finally, you can blend until the mixture is smooth.
5. The last step in making this delicious and healthy spring recipe is to assemble the pasta. First, you have to mix the pasta, tomatoes, asparagus, and pesto sauce. Then, season the pasta with salt and pepper. Finally, you can garnish the pasta by sprinkling some pine nuts on top.
Potato Salad with Herbs
This potato salad recipe is a perfect dish you can eat while you’re enjoying the magnificent views of your destination. It has a light and fresh flavor that you will surely like. Best of all, you can prepare this dish quickly and easily.
To make this delicious and healthy spring recipes, you’ll need the following ingredients:
900 grams potatoes (organic)
40 grams hazelnuts
25 grams arugula
160 grams chickpeas
40 grams olive oil
120 ml water
1/4 clove garlic
1 handful parsley
1 handful dill
2 green onions
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. The first step in making this delicious spring recipe is to clean the potatoes by scrubbing them under running water. Once they’re clean, you can cut them into thick slices, about two inches.
2. Afterward, you have to boil a pot of water with the potatoes and a tablespoon of salt. You can cook the potatoes for about seven minutes. Remember, you must not overcook the potatoes so that they will not break apart.
3. From there, the next step is to set aside about one cup of cooking water. Then, you can drain the pot and rinse the potatoes with cold water.
4. The next step is to make the herb dressing. First, you have to put one slice of boiled potato in a blender. Then, add the dill, parsley, green onion, one tablespoon of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and cooking water. Afterward, you have to blend all the ingredients for a couple of seconds.
5. The next step is to drain the chickpeas and put them in a bowl together with the boiled potatoes. Then, add the dressing and hazelnuts to the bowl and mix all the ingredients. Finally, you can garnish the potato salad with some green onions.